Friday, January 23, 2009

The first coat of paint

Exciting news, most of the loft and main floor has gotten it's first coat of paint! The builders kindly sent these pictures from Tuesday showing some of the rooms that have been painted. Also the kitchen cabinets and appliances have arrived!! You can see a photo of the cabinets at the end of the post. The image above is the foyer. I can't wait to see it with the slate and blue Pewabic tiles on the floor!!
The kitchen, the big space on the right will house the fridge and ovens.The kitchen from another angle
Looking into the mudroom from the kitchen. The same darker green
will be an accent in the kitchen and in the dining room.
The master bedroom and looking onto the master bathroom, two shades of the same green
One of the kid bedrooms, we (by which I mean "I") are calling this the playroom.The kids bath and looking onto Alex's bedroom
Alex's bedroomThe loft, the color is going to go up higher.Some massive piece of dehumidification equipment taking up valuable cake pan storage space in my basement.Bwah, ha, ha! Don't you love the photo of the cabinetry! They're still in the boxes
and I made you look at that air dehumidifying/conditioning thingy. I feel better now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This makes me tired just looking at it because we finished our remodel (nothing in comparison to this...) and I'm sooooooo tired of construction. Your colors are so bright and cheerful, and there's so much space! A de-humidifier? Hmmmm.And just how many cake pans do you have anyhow?

a quiet life said...

its looking fantastic! i have been so busy i have not had time to surf like i do, i thought you would have been moved in by now!

i love all your COLOR, makes life so cheery! so when is the due date? i can hear you chomping, not on cupcakes, but on the bit!

Lilian said...

Wow, this is amazing. I hadn't checked in a couple of months, I think and I'm so impressed at how awesome it all looks now! The colors are beautiful and cheery.

I can't wait to see how it's going to look when it's finished, and, obviously the continuing work in progress.

Maggie said...

kellypea: You can never have too many cake pans.

once in a blue moon: Oh, do I wish we were moved in! The due date is end of March now. I can't wait to live in all the color.

Lilian: Thanks for stopping in! Completion should be far away now...